Thursday, November 02, 2006

Time


For me, one of the most appealing qualities of photography is the sense of time that it transmits.
It is amazing for me to start from reality and create an imaginary time, one that allows us to contemplate instead of understand.
I believe that I am fascinated for a long time by the slowness of time, by days that go by slowly, when we have time to wait, when there is no rush. It is the opposite of the fast unforgiving time we are living , a time of unhappiness.
That was the 19th-century literary time; we just have to read a novel by Jane Austen to understand the exact notion of this slow-moving time.

I am quite aware this is a “romantic” time, a time that doesn’t exist, or, if it existed, it would not be preserved, however, “photograph surpasses life itself” and that romantic time remains in our memory and it will be there forever.

The idea is to build a fantasy, perfect, quiet place.

5 comments:

Enrique Díaz said...

The text is as interesting as the picture. Think about writing more than usual in your next posts. It will be worth the trouble.

Bjs.

nina sem medo said...

Mais uma vez me encanto num quarto por ti encantado.

Anonymous said...

o que mais me fascina na arte em geral é a possibilidade de cada um interpretar as obras à sua maneira. é uma delícia levar alguem a viajar pelo mundo da imaginação ou tão simplesmente pelo seu "eu". mas é bom ouvir-te falar num tempo em que há tempo, pq só no tempo em que há tempo é que se pode apreciar e realmente viver o que há para viver... não se me fiz entender, tenho esta habilidade de me trocar toda com as palavras :/
bom, essa foto e o título levou-me à música Time do Tom Waits cantada pela Tori Amos.

teresa sá said...

Obrigada, many thanks pelos comments

Anonymous said...

Great text, great photo. It made me think a lot. Thank you!